Privacy Information and Resources
The Globtec Group companies endeavor to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and to respect the privacy of our clients and associated persons, our employees, and other individuals whose personal information we collect and process. Our commitment to privacy includes being transparent about the nature and extent of that processing and the rights that may be available to you with respect thereto.
Please note that other, more specific policies may be available to you on sites through which you transact with one of our affiliated companies.
If you transact business with, or otherwise have or had a relationship with a Globtec entity in the European Union, or you are connected with someone who does, please refer to the applicable Fair Processing Notice as follows:
Additional Information and Contacts: The European Economic Area, Singapore, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and New Zealand
(This section applies only if your information is processed by Globtec in a Member State of the European Economic Area (EEA), Singapore, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia or New Zealand).
You are entitled to access any personal data about you held by Globtec by sending a written request to the applicable individual identified below. You may be required to supply a valid means of identification as a security precaution to assist us in preventing the unauthorized disclosure of your personal information. We will process your request within the time provided by applicable law. You are also entitled to have Globtec modify or delete any information that you believe is incorrect or out of date.
Globtec may occasionally contact you by post, telephone, electronic mail, facsimile, etc., with details of products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
Cookies and How We Use Them
Cookies are small text files that may be placed on your Web browser when you visit our Web sites or when you view advertisements we have placed on other Web sites. Cookies allow your browser to remember some specific information which the Web server can later retrieve and use. When you quit your browser, some cookies are stored in your computer’s memory, while some expire or disappear.
- * To improve site security by “authenticating” you (i.e., verify that you are who you say you are) when you sign-in to our site.
- * To keep track of your specified preferences such as language, time zone and timeouts after periods of inactivity.
- * To allow you to navigate our sites more easily by “remembering” your identity so that you do not have to input your password multiple times as you move between pages or services.
- * To conduct research and analytics to improve our Web sites and our products and services. This includes compiling statistical information concerning, among other things, the frequency of your use of our Web sites, the pages visited and the length of each visit.
- * To display Globtec’s advertisements when you visit Web sites of third parties with whom we have marketing relationships and to help us gauge the effectiveness of our advertising efforts. These parties may gather information concerning your use of other Web sites and provide us with de-identified information about you (such as demographic information or the names of sites where you have been shown ads) which we may use to provide you with more relevant and useful advertising.
This paragraph applies only to the www.globtec.net Web site. That site may use third parties to serve advertisements as described immediately above. To do so, these parties may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags) to gather information concerning your use of our that site and other Web sites and, based on that information, serve advertisements that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice, and to learn how to opt out of it on the particular device on which you are accessing this Privacy and Cookies Policy, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/. The www.globtec.net site adheres to the interest-based advertising principles of the Digital Advertising Alliance, available at http://www.aboutads.info/principles.